It is with a heavy heart that I post this update today. Dad passed away this morning at 6:00 a.m. after a valiant six-week battle with Viral Encephalitis. He died peacefully with his family surrounding him.
We are so grateful for all of you, Dad’s friends and family, who extended their love and support to Dad and our family these past several weeks. It was a trying time for our family, but it was also a time of amazing blessings and of strengthened testimonies. We are grateful for a plan from a loving Heavenly Father that will allow us to be with Dad again. Of this we are certain.
We are saddened by Dad‘s passing and we miss him already, but we feel so, so honored to have called him our dad, husband, brother, grandpa, uncle and friend. He fulfilled each of those responsibilities in an extraordinary way, setting a wonderful example for his children and grandchildren.
President Monson has counseled us to “…live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business.” Dad left no unfinished business, he was ready. The Apostle Paul said, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.” Dad could say the same.
I will post viewing and funeral information here shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment