Monday, July 6, 2009

7/6/09 – 8:00 p.m. – Story from Brent

Tonight Dave & Patty, Sue & Dale, Mom, Trish & I all arrived at the hospital about the same time. As we gathered around Dad’s bed he was not awake, but I said to him, “Hey Dad, it’s Brent, how are you doing tonight?” Then I said, “That’s a pretty stupid question, isn’t it?” And dad opened his eyes just a little and nodded his head! It was great! But then Sue said, “Dad, it’s Sue. I won’t ask you any stupid questions, ok?” And Dad smiled...just a little smile, but definitely a smile! If he could have laughed right out loud, we all knew he would have!

Hooray for small victories!

You cannot choose your battlefield
God does that for you,
But you can plant a standard
Where a standard never flew.

- Nathalia Crane


1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! Great News! You should all be proud of your dad. He's s fighter! We love you all and you're in our prayers. Give Carmen our love.

    Keith & Lucia

    ReplyDelete