Wednesday, July 29, 2009

7/29/09 – 4:00 p.m. – Update from Brent

Sorry for the infrequent blog reports lately; there just isn’t much new with Dad’s condition to report. He’s just not improving much; it’s a difficult time. He’s been breathing a little bit on his own the last couple of days and opens his eyes a few times each day, but not much else. It’s hard on the family—and especially Mom—to see him like this.

We appreciate so much all of your love and prayers on Dad’s and the rest of the family’s behalf. Mom especially enjoys reading your comments in this blog, which we print out and give to her every day. Visits to the hospital are a little bit hard to accommodate right now, so your comments here are encouraged instead, and very welcome. And we all read them, so please, feel free to continue to communicate with us that way for now.

9 comments:

  1. Oh how my heart is with each of you. Sendng much love and many prayers. Take care~Gwyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gray family,
    Please know prayers are being said for you even in Michigan. I love Pres. Gray (and Carmen) and know how much he means to my dad. Thanks for keeping us up to date on this great man.
    Cheryl Twitchell Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Grays,

    I talked with Dave from the cabin on Sunday and he filled me in on all the lastest. You have all been in our prayers since the beginning, but especially so over the last few days. We love you all so much. I don't think you'll ever begin to know how much the Gray's have blessed my life over the past thirty + years, and therefore, the lives of my family. If it wasn't for all of you, I probably wouldn't have the blessing of the Gospel in my life. I wish life allowed us to spend more time with the people we love a little more often. Unfortunately, it seems like sometimes it takes all our efforts to just make it from day to day. Please know how much all of you are loved and appreciated, and how greatful I am for the entire Gray family. You are a blessing to me and to so many others. Give Carmen a huge hug from me and please tell Jim how much we love him!

    We love you all!

    Keith, Lucia and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gray family,

    Our family has loved you all for so long and our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Please let your mother know that we love her and that we will always be there for her. Your father has been such a great example of a son of God and has been a true disciple. He always makes us smile! He is well loved and we wanted you to know that we are thinking of him and pray always for him.

    Love always,

    Shelene Whiteley Woodhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you all!
    Such a difficult time for you guys, wow I can't begin to imagine. Please know our prayers are with you all especially Aunt Carmen.
    Love,

    The Munros

    To Carmen from Lucile-

    Out of the earth - the rose
    Out of the night - the dawn
    Out of my heart, with all it's woes,
    hi courage to press on.

    Laura Lee Rand

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Carmen, my sister, I love you and feel for you at this time. You are in my prayers constantly and we keep your names in the temple. God will not give us more than we can endure. He will bless you and comfort you at this sad time. I will wait to hear from one of you as time goes on. I know you need this time to yourselves. But you are never alone. All of us are praying for you. Love, DeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Aunt Carmen and all my Cousins,

    We have been reading your blog daily and have been saddened by this trial you have all had to face. I have been remembering so many great times with Uncle Jim and all of you. Other than my husband and my dad, Uncle Jim is the only other person to call me "Jayney". He has always been the most thoughtful and caring Uncle.

    Of course you are in our prayers and our thoughts. I am sorry that you have been asked to endure such a trial, but I am confident that there is an eternal purpose to all of our earthly struggles.

    I love you all and will be praying for you daily. Aunt Carmen you are the best and I know you will edure.

    Love Always,
    Jayne and the Mulford Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sis..Carmen.
    My heart goes out to you..as you know, and I pray for you every night. We just returned from the cabin and up there did recall so many wonderful family gatherings including your dear family and our friend and loved one Uncle Jim. I am so glad he and my Jim could spend that precious time at the cabin recently. It was like old times. I can't imagine what pressure you are under. We will get together soon when you are able. You know I love you and will do anything I can for you. Your family is a great, loving one. I think this is what it's all about... ...
    Love to you all and especially my dear sister Carmen....Lucile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Carmen and Family,
    Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with all of you during this difficult time. If there is anything that we can do to help with the home or the yard please, let us know.
    Dave and Jolene Dahle

    ReplyDelete